The sliced mangoes add a tropical twist to complement the warmth of the Chipotle peppers. This is a great Friday night dinner!
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless fish fillets, about 1-inch thick (halibut, sea bass, cod, red snapper)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cups prepared coleslaw mix
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon canned chipotle peppers, minced in Adobo sauce
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
8 (10-inch) whole wheat tortillas, warmed
1 mango, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
1) Rinse, pat dry fish fillets. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, lemon juice, Creole seasoning, and oil. Spoon marinade on fish fillets to coat. Cover, place in refrigerator until ready to grill. (Up to 1 hour).
3) In a medium bowl, add prepared coleslaw mix. Set aside.
4) In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, lemon juice, and cilantro. Pour over coleslaw mix. Toss well to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. (Up to 1 hour).
5) Spray grill with cooking spray. Heat grill to medium-high. Remove fish fillets from marinade. Place on grill. Cover lid and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until no longer opaque in center. Remove from grill. Separate fish into 2-inch chunks with a fork. Cover to keep warm.
6) To assemble: Set up buffet style. Let everyone make their own fajitas. Place grilled fish on a plate, next to warm tortillas, coleslaw, and sliced mango. Spoon several pieces of grilled fish on bottom end of tortillas, cover with coleslaw, add mango slices. Fold over, roll up, and eat. Makes 8 fajitas.
Nutritional Analysis per fajita: 235 Calories; 20 percent fat (5.2 grams); < 1 gram saturated fat; 35 percent protein; 45 percent carbohydrate; 3 grams fiber.
If you are looking for the highest quality Vitamin and Mineral Supplements personalized for you, please go to www.personanutrition.com and take their on-line questionnaire providing individualized vitamin and mineral recommendations. Persona is the only Science Based supplement provider on the web today! Take advantage of their knowledge and use it to your health’s benefit!
This information is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information from this article for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read in this article.