Build-your-own tacos are a great lunch for a crowd. Serve with Avocado Lime Salsa, Low-Fat Chunky Guacamole, and Classic Lemonade.
Juice of one large lemon
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 pound fillet of sole
1 tablespoon canned jalapeno pepper, diced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup commercial salsa
2 tablespoons onion, minced
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup tomato, diced and drained
3 cups cabbage, shredded
2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced into 12 thin slices
12 corn tortillas
Heat broiler. Line cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
1) In a pie pan, mix lemon juice, chili powder, paprika, and oregano. Dip sole briefly into lemon mixture, covering both sides and place on cookie sheet. Salt lightly. Broil until cooked through, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from oven. When cool, break into large chunks and place in medium bowl. Gently stir in jalapeno pepper and lemon juice. (If you like more spicy taste, add an additional tablespoon of jalapeno pepper.) Set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, mix salsa, onion, and cilantro. Set aside.
3) Place tomatoes, cabbage, sour cream, and avocado in separate serving bowls. Set aside.
4) Heat a nonstick griddle on medium-high heat. Place tortillas on griddle and warm, turning once.
5) People can build their own tacos by filling each tortilla with an ounce of the fish mixture, cabbage, a tablespoon of tomatoes, a tablespoon of salsa, a slice of avocado, and a tablespoon of sour cream. Makes 12 tacos.
Nutritional Analysis per taco: 149 Calories; 23 percent fat (3.8 grams); < 1 gram saturated fat; 27 percent protein; 50 percent carbohydrate; 3 grams fiber.
If you are looking for the highest quality Vitamin and Mineral Supplements personalized for you, please go to www.personanutrition.com and take their on-line questionnaire providing individualized vitamin and mineral recommendations. Persona is the only Science Based supplement provider on the web today! Take advantage of their knowledge and use it to your health’s benefit!
This information is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information from this article for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read in this article.