These moist, cake-like brownies are quick and easy to prepare, yet have no added fat. Ingredients:
1 (1 pound, 3.8-ounce) box Fudge Brownie Mix
1/4 cup prune-plum filling
1/3 cup warm water
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute (equivalent of 2 whole eggs)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8″x8″ baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
1) Place brownie mix in a medium bowl and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, combine prune filling, water, and sour cream. Mix well.
3) Add prune mixture and egg substitute to brownie mix. Stir until well-blended and smooth.
4) Spread brownie mixture evenly in prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until top is soft, but not firm. Don’t over-bake.
5) Let cool for 5 minutes, cut into 20 equal-sized portions and remove from pan. Makes 20 brownies.
Nutritional Analysis per brownie: 129 Calories; 25 percent fat (3.6 grams); 1.7 grams saturated fat; 5 percent protein; 70 percent carbohydrate; 0 gram fiber.