I get it – you travel for business several times a month, juggle the kids throughout the day and try to sneak in some workouts. It can be challenging to remember to take your vitamins each day. You have good intentions, but your routine can be easily derailed…for a day, a week or longer.
In a recent survey, 25 percent of Americans shared that keeping track of their daily vitamin, supplement and prescription medicine routine is harder than gauging their significant other’s thought process during a disagreement. So, you’re not alone in the struggle to remember your daily vitamins or decipher your partner’s thoughts.
One of the top questions I receive from patients is “how can I remember to take my nutritional supplements every single day?” There are six tricks I share with patients who just can’t seem to remember to take their daily vitamins.
- For Persona subscribers, place the morning and evening boxes on the kitchen counter, so they are in plain sight and less likely to be forgotten.
- Pack your day’s supply in your purse, briefcase, diaper bag or lunchbox/bag so you have your supplement supply handy when you find time during the day to eat.
- Have a consistent schedule. It is easy to develop a habit if you are consistent and practice it every day for a week or two.
- Use sticky notes. Place a sticky note someplace impossible to miss (like the mirror in the bathroom!) to remind yourself to eat breakfast and take your morning supplement. If sticky notes aren’t your thing, turn to your smart phone to set a daily calendar reminder.
- Take your supplements at meals. You have to eat and if you train yourself to equate meal time with supplement time, you are more likely to remember. Also, supplements are best absorbed and used by the body when taken with food.
- If all else fails, have a friend, loved-one or family member designated to remind you to take your supplements!
You may not be able to get inside your significant other’s head during a disagreement, but you stay on track with your daily supplement routine. Don’t forget – Persona nutritionists are only a click, call or email away. They can help you create a supplement routine that works for you.