This recipe is a hit with my vegan and non-vegan friends. Perfect for a cozy day! Adjust the amount of chili flakes to your spice preference. If you prefer meat chili, just brown ground beef or ground turkey with your onions and use any broth you’d like.
Chili is packed with protein and fiber, which can help to regulate blood sugar. Beans are a great source of Iron and bell peppers are high in Vitamin C.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 2 ½ Tablespoons Chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon Brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup Vegetable broth
- 1 – 28oz can Crushed tomatoes
- 1 – 15oz can Black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 – 15oz can Red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ bag (8oz) Frozen corn
- Place oil in pot and sauté onion until soft.
- Add spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bell peppers, broth, tomatoes, and beans.
- Cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes.
- Add corn and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with avocado, cheese, or sour cream!