Kicking your bad habit just got easier than you ever thought and utilizing the following “proven to work” steps will give you the tools and the understanding to get started. The following four steps are actually the key components used in the 12 step approach to habit change. You will find that the principles used in the four steps are effective, powerful and life changing. Please take your time with this one and put these steps into place as soon as possible. If your true happiness and purpose in life is being stifled by bad habits, this one is for you!
- Identify Your Primary Commitment.
- This is the bad habit you want to change. Identify it. Write it down. Face it.
- Take a Self Inventory
- This is time to ask yourself what you get out of this habit, how it makes you feel, what it takes away from you.
- Replace Your Bad Habit With A Good One
- Identify what you could be doing instead. Talking with others, calling a friend, praying, journaling, running, dancing…screaming…find a healthy replacement and commit.
- Make Use Of a Support Network
- Find a partner, an accountability partner and ask them to hold you to your word and to your goals. They will encourage you and offer the support you will need when times a rough.
Please, if you are struggling with any bad habits try these steps. Truly, this is an effective and proven method to break bad habits. Your freedom from the negativity holding you back is just four steps away! Go for it!!! You can do it today!
- Charles Duhigg: The Power of Habit CharlesDuhigg.com