Ok, here we go! Simple tips to get your body working and feeling great! Don’t be overwhelmed by your day to day, you can nails these easy steps that will make all the difference. In 2014, get a wee bit selfish and make time to take care of yourself! If you do not take the time to care and nurture yourself, who will? Simple solutions that truly increase and boost immunity, energy and all the “feel good” chemicals in your body.
Take 10 and go for it!
- Reach For It! Yep, you read it right, reach and stretch to increase energy and to get your brain and body boosted. Practicing a daily dose of yoga will increase your overall energy, focus and ability to learn new things.
- Take a Walk Already! Stop putting it off, grab your shoes and go! A brisk walk does wonders for energy, mood, and overall well-being.
- Eat Your Breakfast. Eating a healthy protein dense meal early in the morning does wonders for energy and mood. If you fuel early, your body will respond with vim and vigor.
- Hop on the Scale. Don’t be afraid, hopping on the scale will clue you in to where you need to be in terms of activity and activity increases energy! Seeing those numbers will prompt you to exercise and to make healthy choices.
- Ban the Couch! After work make it routine to NOT sit on the couch. Sitting zaps energy and that is the last thing anyone needs after a work day of sitting. Place books on your couch to remind you that you do not need to sit. Go outside. Run, jump rope, bike, stroll or jog. All activity increases energy and boots stress to the curb.
- Meditate! Close your eyes and just breathe! Meditating for 5 – 20 minutes a day will clear your brain, decrease anxiety and increase energy.
- De-Clutter. Cleaning house and getting organized makes us feel good and boosts our energy. Having a de-cluttered space gives satisfaction, peace, and room to play. So go ahead and make your home an “Om” home!
- Take a “Selfie”. Grab your camera and get real. The motivation created from looking at ourselves honestly and making goals for what we want to become produces a drive that increases our energy. When we make goals and have a plan it is great to become “gung-ho” and we are more likely to stay active and committed to daily exercise. Daily exercise increases energy!!!
- Take a nap. A little cat nap will replenish the body, mind and spirit and will give the added boost needed to get through the day. No caffeine needed, just a comfy place to lay down and zone out!
- Eat Healthy Food! Talk about an energy boost, practicing a healthy diet rich in plants and protein will catapult your energy to the next level. Ditch the processed crap and get going with real, whole and energy providing foods!