- Vitamin D balances 2 key components of the immune system, referred to as the TH1 and TH2 “arms”. These are associated with the health and regulation of the immune system and are also essential in the maintenance and prevention of autoimmune disorders.
- Vitamin D is directly linked to autoimmune-related thyroid disorders and is necessary for the health and optimal functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Vitamin D plays an important role in regulating blood sugar and insulin secretion. A deficiency in Vitamin D has been linked to insulin resistance.
- Insulin resistance has been connected to poor thyroid health……Both insulin resistance and poor thyroid functioning negatively impact metabolism. The use of supplemental Vitamin D is critical for protecting the body from these conditions.
- Insulin resistance has been associated with obesity and those that are obese have a reduced total body biologic up-take of Vitamin D as the Vitamin D is held hostage in their fat cells. Taking Vitamin D helps regulate the systems that help to prevent obesity, so start taking your Vitamin D today!