Listen up guys, you deserve great health and the only way to attain it is by doing things differently. If you are feeling out of shape, fat, tired, libido-less and older than you should, now is the time to mix things up and take charge of feeling like a beast again. If you are a man, repeat this simple phrase “Yes, I Can!” and get it going on again!
Let’s get started with ten simple tips that a man like you surely can do. Remember gents, you are an amazing man and yes, you, you really can!
- If there is any quick and dirty tip that can jump start your great health, this is it: Stop eating sugar and I mean it! All sugar. Processed foods. Soda. Candy. Desserts. Guys, this is indeed the easiest step in quick health renewal and weight-loss. But you must commit.
- Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired? Stop over eating. Moderate portions of healthy food spaced throughout your day will boost your energy, balance your blood sugar, increase your metabolism and help you lose your lethargy. Ditch the super-sized meals and ban the buffet. You won’t regret this choice, this I know, because when you are not over-full you are more likely to be on the go (and that means more experiences, more movement, feelin’ great and who knows what else you might run into, this is the month of LOVE!).
- Even if you are eating healthy and exercising, stop having cheat meals. This confuses your mind and body and simply sets you back. Keep a consistent clean and healthy diet that nourishes you, increases your wellness, lubes your joints and feeds your desire to be a strapping stallion again. Eating a diet rich in vegetables, fruit, lean protein and healthy fat will do the trick. Stick to greens and leans!
- Drink more water. Hydration is hyper important and keeping a bottle of water on-hand at all times is the ticket. Fill up water bottles, water pitchers or glasses in the morning and challenge yourself to drink at least 8 ounces every hour. Thirst is often confused with hunger, so start each and every meal, craving and stomach growl with a cold clear H20.
- Get more rest guys. Rest. Nap. Get up, work, read, play and rest again. Yep, rest, relaxation, “taking five” and getting’ some shut eye just might make you feel naturally high. Rest allows the hard working body to re-charge, replenish and re-start. When you get adequate rest and your body experiences the full sleep cycle, your hormones get super happy and you will feel more energetic, balanced and even, dare I mention, amorous.
- Get more exercise. Simply stated, you need to move your body. A walk will not do, you need to get functional exercises in such as throwing medicine balls, running up hills, body weight squats, pushing things, pulling, kicking….outdoor boot camps, cross fit, tabatas and interval training will do. Get out of your loafers and lace up some trainers and get outdoors.
- Meditate. Sit or stroll quietly and let your mind wander until you are no longer aware of your thoughts. This allows your brain to chill-out and for your worry, problems and restless thoughts to be thrown to the door. Let go calmly. Give yourself these private moments to do absolutely nothing but take care of you.
- Practice Gratitude. Give thanks, praise others, hug, smile and be aware of how blessed you are. Pay it forward, pass it on, all that you have, all that you are, the miracle of your life and how amazing your journey is…be thankful for all of it. Say it out loud, write it down, share it with your family….you are given so much, you have so much to offer, you are safe, fed and loved…How grateful we are.
- Eat Cholesterol. Cholesterol lubes the body and actually nourishes the body, mind, hormones and nervous functions in a wonderful way. Eating an egg or two a day is an excellent choice to improve your HDL cholesterol and to balance the ratio of your HDL and LDL levels. Remember to ban the sugar, eat the healthy fat.
- Have sex. Men, even if you are feeling bad about yourself, getting close to the one you love will boost your endorphins, increase your confidence and allow you to feel the comfort and intimacy that is needed to build and nurture your relationship. If your relationship is healthy you will have a base to start your health journey and an ally along the way. Getting and giving love makes you feel good all over. Feeling good all over helps you to stick with your goals and to commit to increased and better health, not just for you but for your partner too.