Are you struggling to make it through the day? Do you often feel bogged down by exhaustion and like you are running on empty? If so its sounds like you may benefit from L-Carnitine supplementation.
When you hear the word L-Carnitine, thoughts of an exotic health conditions or complex bodily processes may come to mind. However, L-Carnitine is a substance made in the body consisting of two amino acids and its purpose is to transport fatty acids into our mitochondria so that they can produce energy. Having thriving mitochondria full of fatty acids helps protect us from oxidative damage. L Carnitine is often found in its acetylated form (Acetyl L Carnitine), which can cross the blood brain barrier more readily than the non-acetylated L-Carnitine. This does not dampen the improved energy people feel from taking L-Carnitine since close to 98% of it is stored in your muscles (1).
View Our Acetyl-L-Carnitine
Try our Acetyl-L-Carnitine
An amino acid that may help keep you on your toes, enhance exercise recovery, and support a healthy weight loss plan.*
In one study, 66 elderly subjects who were 100 years or older ingested two grams of L Carnitine for one month (2). The subjects at the end of the study reported having an increase in muscle mass and energy level.
For the younger more active population L-Carnitine may improve muscle recovery, stamina and reduce muscle soreness (3)(4)(5).
Dosages ranging from 1-3 grams appear to hold the most benefits for an individual. But be careful if you have a thyroid disorder. L-Carnitine can lower thyroid hormones.
Wondering if L-Carnitine supplementation is right for you? By taking Persona’s Assessment, which asks questions about your lifestyle and wellness goals, a team of nutritionists and doctors will provide a personalized vitamin and supplement regimen best suited for you.
- “Pharmacokinetics of L-carnitine.” Clinical Pharmacokinetics.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2017.
- “Levocarnitine Administration in Elderly Subjects with Rapid Muscle Fatigue: Effect on Body Composition, Lipid Profile and Fatigue.” Drugs & Aging.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2017.
- “The Effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate Supplementation on Hormonal Responses to Resistance Exercise and Recovery.” Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2017.
- “Effects of Prolonged L-carnitine Administration on Delayed Muscle Pain and CK Release after Eccentric Effort.” International Journal of Sports Medicine.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2017.
- “Effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate Supplementation on Muscle Oxygenation Responses to Resistance Exercise.” Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2017.
If you are looking for the highest quality Vitamin and Mineral Supplements personalized for you, please go to www.personanutrition.com and take their on-line questionnaire providing individualized vitamin and mineral recommendations. Persona is the only Science Based supplement provider on the web today! Take advantage of their knowledge and use it to your health’s benefit!
This information is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Do not use the information from this article for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication or other treatment. Always speak with your physician or other healthcare professional before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement, or using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking professional advice because of something you have read in this article.