When it comes to gender-specific health, women typically steal the spotlight. If you walk down the grocery aisle you might notice that the majority of magazines are geared towards woman’s health. While women are typically more likely to openly discuss their health needs, unfortunately, men aren’t as open about their health concerns which often leaves them behind. In fact, surveys show that about 60% of men avoid seeing a doctor, even if they have a serious health issue.1
Daily nutritional supplements supply a wealth of health and work to maintain your wellness, which will save you money down the road…..a natural insurance policy that you keep for yourself and that you pay into by supporting your body with daily vitamins. The Harvard School of Public Health has reported that “A daily multivitamin is a great nutrition insurance policy and vitamin D may add an extra health boost.”
Here are a few facts about daily vitamin supplementation and why you should start taking your daily vitamins today:
– Folic acid, which is found in a multivitamin, has been linked to a lower risk of heart disease, colon cancer and other cancers.
– Multivitamins supplying vitamin D are best. Vitamin D supports a healthy colon and may prevent colon cancer and many chronic conditions.
– Vitamins C and E act as antioxidants to help prevent cell damage and maintain health
– Research has shown that fish oil supplements help with inflammation and heart health
Here are some of the best protocols Persona offers that can support your health, today!
Foundation Formula – Our foundation formula includes our unique multi vitamin which utilizes K2 for bone health and methylated folate for optimal bioavailability and helps address nutrient gaps. We also include our pure omega for heart health, turmeric for inflammation and a calcium/magnesium supplement for bone health.
Healthy Prostate Support – Regardless of age, focusing on prostate health is important since 8 of 10 men will will eventually develop an enlarged prostate. Our Prostate Support supplement contains a blend of saw palmetto, stinging nettle, pumpkin seed, and lycopene. This combination promotes normal prostate function and urinary tract health.
Stress Support – Our Stress Support contain’s ashwagandha which has adaptogen powers to help support a healthy immune system and may reduce cortisol for stress relief. We include DHA to support a proper inflammatory response often triggered by stress.
- Klein E, MD. 60 Percent of Men Don’t Go to the Doctor: Here’s Why. Everyday Health. https://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/health-answers/why-men-dont-go-to-the-doctor/. Accessed November 9, 2018.
- Vitamins. The Nutrition Source. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/vitamins/. Published February 12, 2014. Accessed January 2, 2019
- What is the Prostate? Understanding Prostate Health. What Is the Prostate? What’s Normal? https://www.webmd.com/men/prostate-enlargement-bph/what-is-the-prostate#1. Accessed January 2, 2019