This bright and fresh tart is the perfect option for your spring gathering. Asparagus contains vitamin C, iron and vitamin A and packed with fiber for digestion and is especially tasty this time of year. You can throw this together with minimal prep and have a simple appetizer on the table in under an hour.
Ricotta & Asparagus Tart
Prep Time : 25 minutes
Cook Time : 22-25 minutes
Total Time : 50 minutes
3/4 ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons milk
1 package pastry dough, thawed
1 garlic clove, diced finely
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bunch asparagus spears trimed
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup argula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix together ricotta, milk, thyme, parsley, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place your dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or nonstick spray
- Spread ricotta mixture on your dough, and arrange asparagus spears over mixture. Brush asparagus with olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bake 22025 minutes and top with shaved parmesan and fresh arugula and serve immediately.