Meditation is a relaxation practice that encourages deep breathing to de-stress, lessen anxiety, quell unruly thoughts and to decrease adrenaline. Beginning a daily meditation practice could be just what you need to improve your heart health and here are 5 reasons why wise women do so:
- Meditation encourages deep belly breathing that, within minutes, puts you into a relaxed state of mind. A relaxed mind is a clear, wise and happy mind.
- Meditation allows you to focus and bring balance into your body. Balanced bodies are healthier bodies.
- Mediation restores your hormones allowing you to feel better and sleep better. Restful sleep is essential for a healthy, strong heart.
- Meditation erases mental clutter and draws you inward to a peaceful and calm place. Calm is cozy!
- Meditation is a vacation. A free, healthy, restorative and private getaway. On this vacation, lost baggage is desired!
If you are ready to invest in your heart health with a daily meditation practice, do so comfortably and do what works for you. There is no need to sit cross legged if that does not suit you. Laying down, walking, sitting in a rocking chair or reclining in a hammock are all wonderful for meditation. What feels right to you is what is most important.
- The American Heart Association. www.heart.org Meditation and Heart Disease, Stroke.
- Richard A. Stein. Lower Stress, Cardiovascular Disease Risk By Meditating. New York University, Center For Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease.