I’m not your “typical” nutritionist. It’s not a big secret; I don’t really enjoy cooking. Well…it’s not that I don’t enjoy cooking itself but rather the required amount of time it takes to cook a meal. Frankly, my schedule is just too busy to shave out an hour every evening to make an elaborate dish. Thankfully, I know I’m not alone! Many people have obstacles that can get in the way of cooking, such as kids or late work shifts. No matter what my schedule is like, I don’t let my lack of time get in the way of my health and you don’t have to either.
That’s why when I came across this recipe years ago, I knew I had found a hit. Better yet, this dish is vegan-friendly and packed with vitamin C and B6. With only about 10 minutes of prep time and a few easy ingredients, you may also be making space for this one in your cookbook.
On-The-Go Zucchini and Cashew Soup
Tip: Cover cashews with water 45-60 minutes prior to cooking to allow cashews to soften.
- 2 large zucchinis, cut into 2” chunks and steamed
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- Salt to taste
- Herbal seasoning (optional)
- Additional steamed vegetables (optional)
- Steam chunked zucchini in a steamer until you can puncture the flesh easily with a fork, about 5-10 minutes.
- Combine zucchini, softened cashews, salt, and any additional seasons in a blender and blend until creamy. Add water if needed to change consistency.
- Heat blended mixture in a pan over medium on a stove top, about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!