1. Shaving Cream. Instead of buying shaving cream, use coconut oil to shave your legs and underarms. It’s easy, cheaper, and moisturizes at the same time!
2. Makeup Remover. Simply rub a dab of coconut oil between your hands to warm and apply to your face. Wipe the oil away with a warm damp cloth and you’ll be left with clear, clean, fresh skin.
3. Deep Hair Conditioning. Coconut oil nourishes the scalp and promotes healthy hair growth. Massage 1-2 tablespoons of oil into the scalp and work down to the ends. Leave the oil on for approximately 20 minutes and then shampoo out for healthy, hydrated tresses.
4. Body Moisturizer. Simply massage 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil all over your body after bathing or showering for full body moisturizing. Coconut oil doesn’t absorb immediately, so towel off any excess after 20 minutes and dress in natural fabrics (such as cotton) to avoid transferring any oil to your clothes.
5. Cuticle Oil. Simply massage a dab of coconut oil onto your cuticles to soften and moisten them, then push those cuticles back. Just a little bit of oil goes a long way!
6. Body Scrub. Mix coconut oil with salt or sugar to create a great DIY body scrub. Apply it with a loofah or just scrub with your hands. It exfoliates, moisturizes, and smells great! Need a DIY body scrub recipe?
7. Eye Cream. Replace your night cream with coconut oil. Apply coconut oil to the areas that tend to wrinkle and crease- the oil locks in moisture and hydrates skin.
8. Toothpaste. Combine coconut oil with baking soda, stevia, and essential oils to make your own DIY toothpaste. Tastes delicious and the coconut oil’s anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties will help keep your mouth happy and healthy.
9. Deodorizing. This is one of my favorites. Mix coconut oil with baking soda, cornstarch, and essential oils to create a natural DIY deodorant. Making your own deodorant means no harsh chemicals on your body and less expense. Win-win!
10. Lip balm. Although coconut oil applied directly to lips will provide moisture, there are also easy recipes for creating your own lip balm product using coconut oil, beeswax, and olive oil. If you want to get even fancier, add beetroot powder for a natural tinted lip balm. Mix it up and have fun!