Any time is a good time for a cookie. What better way to start your day? Whether you’re heading off to work in the morning and just don’t have time to make breakfast, planning a hike and packing snacks for the trail, or need a healthy meal for your flight tomorrow, this recipe will hit the spot. Not only is it delicious and nutritious, it’s also vegan, gluten-free, and nut free. Make your day a little sweeter with this On-The-Go Breakfast Cookie!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1/4 cup coconut flour (can sub with ½ cup almond flour)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal, 5 Tbsp water)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup sunbutter (can sub with peanut or other nut butters)
1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
1/4 cup cranberries, raisins, or died dried fruit of your choice
2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix flax egg ingredients and set aside to thicken.
- Combine oats, coconut flour, shredded coconut, cinnamon, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl combine flax eggs, coconut oil, sun/nut butter, honey/maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry. Stir until evenly combined.
- Fold in seeds, dried fruit, and chia seeds.
- Scoop around about 1/4 – 1/3 cup of dough into a ball and place on baking sheet and lightly flatten.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool rest of the way.
- Store in air-tight container for the week, i.e, hide from yourself, so you don’t eat them all in one sitting.
Don’t let your active life stop you from eating well, you’re worth it!