- 12 beets / Red or Golden or Mixed!
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 large orange or other citrus fruit
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Remove the tops and the roots of the beets and peel each one. Cut the beets in 1 1/2-inch chunks or smaller.
Place the cut beets on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, thyme leaves, salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, turning once or twice, until the beets are tender. Remove from the oven and immediately toss with the balsamic and citrus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve warm.