Winter can be brutal and chilly. If you are anything like me, cold weather can freeze you to your core and even disrupt digestion. Spicy food can fire up the digestive process and introduce heat back to the body. In addition, spicy food and healthy fats leave you feeling full and satiated.
Warming Vegetarian Yellow Curry
Tip: For extra protein, mix in your favorite tofu or replace snow peas with edamame.
- 2 Tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups purple cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups snow peas
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 (13.5oz) can of coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons yellow curry paste (Thai Kitchen, Mae Ploy)
- 1 box brown rice noodles
- Heat oil in a large skillet pan over medium heat.
- Sautee cauliflower, cabbage, snow peas, and cashews in pan for 3-5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and curry paste to pan.
- Cover pan with lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While curry is cooking, boil water in a sauce pan.
- Add brown rice noodles to boiling water for 3-5 minutes and drain.
- Pour curry over cooked rice noodles and serve.