Foodwise, Summer is an amazing time of year. You get to dive into all the fresh and beautiful bounty that is seasonal fruits and veggies. From berries and stone fruits to corn and fresh herbs… there really is no better time of year to eat the rainbow.
I love to enjoy the sun and head out with my family to local blueberry patches and pick buckets of fresh beautiful berries to put in ALL my summer faves. Tip: You can find many local seasonal fruits at farmers markets. Buy local/Eat seasonal.
Not only are there options a plenty when it comes to berries this time of year, they are also PACKED with nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese, powerful antioxidants, and even fiber.
I hope this colorful little dish makes its way to your summer table.
Red, White, and Blueberry Salad
- 1 cups of blueberries
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of any other seasonal fruit of your choice: apple, nectarine, apricot, raspberry, blackberry, and cherry are great options.
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4-6 oz vanilla or berry yogurt of your choice (use skyr for a tangier mix)
- VEGAN/Lighter OPTION: 1 can refrigerated full fat coconut in place of yogurt & cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- toasted coconut chips/flake
- optional garnish/fresh booster: thinly sliced mint or even basil.
- Wash all your fruit and lay out on towel to dry.
- Chop larger fruits into bite size pieces, cut cherries in half, but leave bluebs whole. (3 -4 cups total fruit)
- Mix together vanilla, cream cheese and yogurt together. (Mix a full 8 ounce cream cheese with 6-8 yogurt to make extra as fruit dip)
- Top with fresh herbs and coconut chips.
Bonus: if you make it at the office… you will find many new friends. ~From a girl who knows first hand.