When your body lacks a specific vitamin or mineral it becomes unhappy and talks. Yes, your body speaks through signs, signs such as lumps, bumps, rashes and pain. Your body does not want to be ignored and will continually remind you of its unhappiness until you actually do something about it. Your body wants to be nourished and cared for in the best way possible and I am sure that if it could, it would kick you clear in the behind begging for your best efforts. So, come on and listen to your body talk!
- Your lips are dry and the corners of your mouth are cracking. This is your body crying out for iron, zinc and B vitamins. Up the oysters, salmon, tuna, clams, peanuts, legumes, lentils, swiss chard and sesame products, such as tahini.
- Your hair is dry and brittle and you have red bumps on your face. This is your body asking for more biotin, better known as vitamin B-7. The fix includes adding avocado, salmon, eggs, mushrooms, cauliflower, almonds, berries, bananas and soy into your daily meal plan.
- Your skin, hair, and nails are lack-luster and you have periodic brain-fog. This is your body begging for good healthy fats. The Omega 3’s. Start taking fish oil caps and start incorporating sardines, salmon, herring, flax, nuts and seeds into your diet.
- Your behind has acne, or at least it appears that way! This is your body punishing you for being a skimp when it comes to vitamins A & D. Fix this fast with leafy greens, walnuts, seeds, hemp, chia, salmon, and sardines.
- Your feet tingle and your hands go numb. Quite frankly, this is your body telling you that you have been eating dumb! You need B vitamins. Lots of them. Spinach, chicken, beans, beets, nutritional yeast, seafood, and eggs will help, but take a full spectrum vitamin B complex too.
- Your body cramps up and it hurts. This is your body calling out for electrolytes. Magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Start adding a sugar-free electrolyte mix to your water and go crazy for bananas, apples, grapefruit, cherries, almonds, hazelnuts, squash and kale.