With the holidays, snow and winter fun can also come with cold, dry weather that can wreak havoc on our skin. There are a number of supplements that may help with dry winter skin and other skin conditions like eczema. Incorporate these supplements today to support your skin health naturally!
- Vitamin D supplementation, though still a bit controversial, is quickly becoming more mainstream as studies show both that vitamin D can contribute to skin cell growth and repair.
- Probiotics may boost the immune system and control allergies, especially in children. Incorporating healthy bacteria can help reduce inflammation and help support healthy skin.
- Borage Oil Can help balance hormones and contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which can assist in important functions in the body like helping maintain a healthy inflammatory response and promoting healthy skin.
Borage with Saffron
Highly-prized flower and seed extracts pair up to promote a healthy complexion, support mood, and help curb your cravings all month long.*
- Fish oil supplements equal to 1.8 g of EPA (one of the omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil) provide a significant reduction in symptoms of eczema after 12 weeks in one study. Essential fatty acids are necessary for well moisturized skin and help support the skin’s natural barrier, which is important to keep skin hydrated and youthful. Talk to your healthcare practitioner before taking fish oil if you are taking any blood-thinning medications, and before taking a high dose.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are vital for reducing inflammation within the body and are being researched for many other health benefits as well. We mainly find these healthy fats in wild-caught salmon, sardines, cod, walnuts, and flaxseeds. While these are a great addition to a healthy diet, it can be hard for food alone to provide enough omega-3 fatty acids to your diet to get the full benefits. One way to meet those needs is to take an omega-3 fatty acid supplement.
- Vegan DHA and evening primrose oil are dietary supplements that help to support a healthy inflammatory response to promote skin health. If you want to support your skin health and you think you may not be getting enough healthy fats in your diet, consider supplementing with essentials fatty acids including vegan DHA or evening primrose oil.
If you are looking for the highest quality Vitamin and Mineral Supplements personalized for you, please go to www.personanutrition.com and take our on-line questionnaire providing individualized vitamin and mineral recommendations. Persona is the only Science Based supplement provider on the web today! Take advantage of our knowledge and use it to your health’s benefit!